Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Fried Oily Fish"

It's the slaughterhouse day... MS fired a bunch of people, including 2 of my favorite people on my floor... was looking around, all heads were hung and demoralized. Noone was in the mood to work, the nosey-pokers hunting around for the latest victim, all victorious from this new shred of gossip. The rest, thanking their lucky stars and God that it wasn't them (me included). 

Wall St is going down the drain... we can't go on like this, for stocks to sell off 5-10% daily. The emotional turmoil is overbearing (even Esther commented about this invisible cloud over me), my eye bags are worsening, social life impacted. Flowerdew and I were just commenting over dinner, about how our tempers have become shorter, and we are not as generous/giving as before. It's really sad. Life and our characters shouldn't be determined by work. But it is... all to keep a roof over our heads.

On to more cheerful thoughts... M and I had a lovely dinner date last night! We ordered in Thai, hung out and chitchatted a lot about our trips, life, joking around etc. It felt very natural, comfortable and I was blissfully smiling like an idiot all the time, because I was soooo happy just to see him. Sigh... this is trouble.. why do I have to move??

I hope he makes it to Hatteras next week. Please M's boss, please please let him go!!!

NYC is getting chilly, and I have stored all my gorgeous winter jackets!! Freezing everyday, feel like hibernating at home instead of socializing outside. 

2 more weeks before I leave. It'll fly by... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhh!! 

No comments: