Saturday, November 22, 2008

Goodbye MS NYC

I finally have the freedom and leisure I've craved for, for 2 weeks. Feels like forever! Last day at NY office, me saying my last goodbyes while fighting back the tears. What will I miss about life in NYC?

Martin
He's been back for almost a week now, we are quite inseparable. Hours spent just chatting about life, work, random knickknacks, i'm constantly enthralled. If someone could only photograph that unintentional cheesy grin of mine. He's agreed to come to Hatteras, IF his boss agrees. please please...... It's so hard, why am i falling in love only now??????

Friends
People I'll miss a lot.... esp non-singaporeans like Flowerdew and Imparato. When will I see them again???? Lauren has been my source of sanity at work.. without her, my emails to M would have been extremely lame. If anyone's a pro in love consultancy, it'll be her. Flower... oh flower... we had a very honest dinner on Monday. More than ever, as I've dealt with my previous crush. We talked about everything under the sun... M, friends, work, family, money etc. I will miss his sincerity a lot. 

F&B
Was at automatic slims tonight. Can you find a similar bar in HK? I doubt it.. it'l all be fancy spanky new clubs... expensive cocktails etc. I will miss my lowkey bars and restaurants... Boqueria, Tia Pol, Smith, Cafeteria, my corner pizza spot, HALE & HEARTY!!! my daily nourishment.... well there's Chui Wah to look forward to, but it's not the same

So latest iTunes downloads are Carla Bruni and soundtrack of "Amelie". I know, a tribute to French pop.. ("M"!!) very happy/melancholy in ear-pleasing tunes. But also to get used to the French accent... M has a pretty mild one. Reverting to 2006 resolution (learn French!!) where's my language tapes when I needed them for once?

Hope to see him this weekend. its all a game of tennis.. forehand, backhand.. forehand..backhand....NEVER a volley, if not you are stuck awaiting that serve as penalty. Been stressful a game... Why can't we be honest and open about feelings to each other? I will miss him a lot........

1 comment:

mushu said...

congrats wins. it's all good things. :)
welcome back to asia.