Wednesday, November 5, 2008

D-day tomorrow

Ooops.... will be a scary day at work tomorrow. Word's out on a big retrenchment round. It sucks. Wall Street turns Grave Street. All day, stupid Charlie Galperine on CNBC was gloating about bonus cuts etc. Wanted to punch his pudgy obnoxious face.

Looked at my bank account today, quickly dwindling dry from all my frivolous shopping YTD: golf bag, kite gear, Morocco, kiting lessons, salsa lessons, jewellery, etc etc. Life's short, you only live once right, can't bring your $$$ to your grave. But it makes a difference of 5 less years of working stupid fool!

It's the recession-special!! time to cut back on cabs, expensive dinners, new clothes, find cheaper holidays, home facials, booze (that's the sneaky one). When you think of life in the Great Depression, we are still a looong way off in terms of hardship. I don't think I'm ready for that! Noone can ever be ready, I guess that's the hardiness of mankind right, we just survive and live through it.

Enough gloomy thoughts. Off to Fat Cat for cheap beers and jazz to chase these blues away. 

No comments: