So I'm sitting at my corporate apartment. I'm officially a hobo, well less-destitute than the homeless down the street. But still, it will be 2 long months of suitcase living. that's 17% of my year. Pathetic. I miss the comforts of home, walking into a kitchen overflowing with food, drinks, my wine fridge, my fridge magnets, the scent of my own bed and my DVR!! Little things that help define moments of my life. Well they are all packed up in some container out in NJ. Wouldn't have guess 10 years ago that I'll be drifting around the world aimlessly at this point of my life. Fine I'm not that old yet.
So... twin K is gallivanting around Cumbuco and Paracua while I slog midtown to keep my job. She's finally kiting upwind and living it up with a house of frenchmen in sunny Brazil, slurping caprinhas and dancing samba till the sun rises. I have........ work!! Highlight of work this week will be retrenchment. Great. Hearing a stonking 25% cut?! That's 1 in 4. Yep... something to motivate me to jump out of bed at 6.30am tomorrow! Never thought work would get this bad. Makes me wish I was down in Brazil even more. Plus Mr M....... ah adorable M. He's too, having a ball down in Brazil. Dammit, I hate Brazil now.
Patience girl, 2 weeks will fly by (yeah right) and you'll see M again! Hmm... typical female insecurities creeping up... will he call? does he miss me? does he like me too? will we hang out again when he returns to NYC? and what happens next? Ahh! too many questions for my pea-sized brain.
Why do I meet him ONLY on my last month here????? This is unfair. Get ready for more lamenting this month.
Good night....
4 comments:
A good Christian friend of mine once said something which I thought made a lot of sense. He said there are 2 types of ple when comes to searching for the right one (Mr Right, of course I am referring to here)
Type 1:
One who puts himself/herself out there and getting to know as many ple as possible.. looking and searching for Mr/Ms Right. However this way, you are opening yourself up to many possibilities of meeting the not soo good ones and getting yourself hurt.
Type 2:
One who puts Christian faith in priority No. 1 and believe strongly that God will at the RIGHT time present someone who suits you the most, someone who brings balance into your life. However, with this type, you need strong faith and self discipline to stay away from temptations. This is of course the tougher route to follow.
I am trying my best to be Type 2 because it works better for me.
xxx
ps. see you in SG next weekend!
Why I am not surprise someone appears on your last month in NY! You were doing so well. ;)
who is this Mr. M? Will give you a call soon!
Rosalind, I agree with you but its soo difficult.
Twin, hang on in there. We still have Boracay... although maybe really need to get better to enjoy that lah. Let's go for Bintan in December first. :)
hey u! my blog has the same name as ur blog!!!
just that mine ends with z..
haha..pls put a tag box there..and pictures!! and blog more often pls..
ps: see my halloween pics in facebook!!!
Post a Comment