Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 2 Buenos Aires.. "Molester" turned awesome

"Fruitful" comes to mind when I think of the trip so far. In the past 30 hours in BA:

Palermo Viejo.. shopping shopping eating (my amazing new necklace that accentuates any half-decent decolletage)
La Cabrera for amazing steak and wine (plus met Air France crew who wanted us to go partying at Jet)
Congo for wicked caprinahas
Fidel which was a lame-ass salsa spot wannabe
Jet... partied till dawn to awesome house music. Lots of not bad looking Argentines, but we just weren't in the mood to entertain appreciating looks and comments
Brunch at Olsens, Scandinavian hip see-and-t0-be-seen spot
Finally met the "molester". Stupid Alex labeled him that from his resume picture, but German, (as in 'Her-man') turned out to be the most funny gracious gentlemanly host. He zipped us around town in his hatchback Peugeot, pointing out landmarks which I can't remember now, offered lots of good tips on places, culture, dating scene etc, and fed us great Chandon and invited us for dinner tomorrow night. We should have hung out with him last night. He was definitely the surprise "wildcard" of this trip.

What's up next:
Dinner at Orvieda, followed by a night out at a local Argentinian bar, where apparently the men redefine wolves and vultures. We'll be the sacrificial lambs to the altar, but Karen and I are going to be open-minded about it. It's all about the experience!

So... M got in touch again, asking when I'll be back in NYC.. and signing off with... "kisses" (*blush*) Gosh I'm such a sucker for romantic men.... been deprived of them for the last few years. But I'm in so much trouble. He has resuscitated that romantic, sentimental side of me, which was dormant for the past year. There's only 2 outcomes to this: 1) something miraculous happens, both of us decide to give it a shot. 2) we decided that this was an amazing few weeks together and we should keep it a memory and move on with life. 

The latter option is realistic and doable. But it crushes me to accept it as the likely path. Karen's just affirmed what an amazing guy he is, from the way he treats Romano and Karen on their time around Salvador... gentlemanly, funny, down-to-earth, basically most of I think he to be. But life's a tease. I meet someone great and it's not meant to be. Am I not allowed a happy ending? Or have I set the bar way too high for anyone to reach? Come the next guy when I move to HK, it'll be so hard to find this connection. I can't settle, I don't want to settle. 

HOW????????? RosN and Wendy, I know what you are going to retort with. Find a good man in church etc etc...... but I want the roses along with it. Love can't be broken down into a rational transaction, a simple alignment of external factors from religion, family, ideologies, values. There has to be something else overriding that. Or at least that's the idealistic/dreamy  side of me talking.




P.S.... our apartment smells of unwashed linen and towels... YEOW!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear cousin Winnie,

Do what feels right for you and makes you happy.

You kidding me, I'm the one who always listen to my heart and not the head when comes to matters of the heart.

Constant battle of doing what's right and what your heart tells you to.

I say, you wanna know what to do with M, have an open talk with him and see how it goes from there.

See you this weekend at home! bring your salsa shoes!

Love lots..
xxx

Unknown said...

Timing is everything cousin.

May be you (and like many of us) are not built to just take the plunge and not let those rational restrictions as you like to call it to influence decisions.. ?

If you wanna take the plunge, you just have to be prepared for what ever that comes next. Are you?

I'm sure all of us have added many ple onto our 'Could have been..' list. I have for sure in the last 2 years! There are reasons for these ple to walk in to our lives.. eg. to understand ourseleves better, or may be it's to help remind us again we can still good guys we can connect with or reasons that we can never really comprehend.

You WILL find a guy one day.. Christian or not.. that comes with all the fire works.. roses... and etc.. Rational restrictions included.

xxx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

My dear friend,
No words of wisdom from me. Just empathy - coz I know exactly how you feel. Like you, I want to believe, and do believe, in love, joy and happy endings. There's absolutely no formula, and we can't rely on what looks good on paper. May we have the courage to follow our heart, coz there's a reason God leads us to love who we love.
*HUGZ*